Book a session here to enter! View your progress on your dashboard.
|| 46m|| 13||
|| 45m|| 12||
|| 34m|| 11||
- December Challenge: Horse Stance Walk
- Challenge Rules
- 5 minutes cross-trainer at resistance 10
- 3 rounds of single leg glute bridges (45 seconds each leg, no rest)
- 45 seconds Cossack squats
- 45 seconds lunges
- Starting opposite the mirrors on the floor you will make your way towards them with a light resistance band around your knees in a squat position.
- When you return (20m) you will hold a horse stance for 20 seconds.
- Once done you’ll repeat the walk back and forth and hold the horse stance for a further 20 seconds, this time with a 12kg kettlebell.
- This format will repeat with increasing weight at the end of every 20m.
- The weight goes up from 12kg, 16kg, 20kg, 24kg and end on 30kg.
- If you are still going by this point, then you’ll continue with 30kg holds after every 20m until failure.
- Score is based on distance travelled.
- Failure happens when you stand from the predetermined squat position or if you fall over
Every month members and clients of the EKA and Elemental Fitness will put themselves forward for a challenge that will push their body to its limits.
These challenges will test speed, strength, endurance and potentially two or all three at once.
After the year of challenges are complete (all 12) whoever comes top earns a prize.
- Leaderboard Rules
- Challenges can only be done in a Personal Training session (1-2-1)
- You will be notified of the challenge 2 weeks before the start of the challenge month
- There will be one challenge per month
- You can attempt the challenege as many times as you like in the month as part of your personal training session
- Points awarded for all those appearing on the leaderboard by the end of the month - 1st place gets 16 points all the way down to 16th getting 1 point
- Prizes are yet to be announced
- The winner will be declared on 28th of the challenge month
- All challenges must be done with correct form. This is decided by your trainer.
- The leaderboard challenges are crated for friendly competition and not compulsory. Please no arguments and certainly no cheating!